We're looking for talented, emerging leaders from a wide variety of backgrounds to commit to a full-time, year-long national service opportunity.
VISTA members strive to identify and remove barriers that prevent low-income and underserved communities from accessing FIRST programs. They do this by providing support in connecting teams and students to the resources and opportunities they need.
Benefits of Service
FIRST AmeriCops VISTA Members are eligible for the following:
- Modest living allowance
- End-of-service education award of $6,095 or cash stipend award of $1,800
- Non-competitive eligibility for employment in the federal government
- Health benefit plan
- Relocation allowance if eligible
- Childcare assistance if eligible
FIRST AmeriCorps VISTA Fast Facts
- VISTA members serve full-time for a 12-month term
- The FIRST VISTA program operates out of Host Site locations across the country
- Applicants 18 years and older are eligible to apply
- Applicants to do not need to have technical or FIRST experience
To apply, fill out an application on my.americorps.gov and search "FIRST VISTA Program - Nationwide"
For more information about the FIRST VISTA program, visit our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.