community

Filter by Category
Filter by Category

A Look Back at the 2023 FIRST Championship – a Record-Breaking Celebration of STEM and Community

Record-breaking crowds celebrated youth robotics teams and STEM innovation at the 2023 FIRST® Championship presented by BAE Systems! More than 50,000 people came to cheer on hundreds of student robotics teams from 59 countries as they put their innovation, teamwork, and robotics skills to the test during this exciting event. It was one for the books, and we won’t soon forget it! 

We’re taking a look back at all the stories that made FIRST Championship so memorable this year. Keep scrolling to read and watch our wrap up!  

The road to innovation comes with its fair share of challenges. Hear about how a FIRST® LEGO® League team created a solar highway that charges your EV while you drive in the video below! 

@first_inspires

Magic happens when we work together to innovate. Hear from FIRST LEGO League Challenge students about their solar highway project and how they worked together to problem solve. #IAmMoreThan #FIRSTChamp #stem #techtok #PeopleofSTEAM

♬ original sound - FIRSTinspires

Our 2023 FIRST Championship presenting sponsor BAE Systems had an always-packed booth at the Innovation Faire that included a 360-camera experience for everyone to enjoy! 

@first_inspires

#FIRSTChamp presenting sponsor BAE Systems is a long time supporter of FIRST. Let’s talk with team 9016 to hear about their experience this season! #stem #techtok #robotics #fyp

♬ Summer Title - Evoke Music

Google Technology such as TensorFlow, Android OS and the FIRST Machine Learning Toolchain kept our FIRST® Tech Challenge matches running all week.  

@first_inspires

5 Ways @Google technology helps FIRST students improve their game-play. #STEM #FIRSTChamp #fyp #robotistiktok #techtok

♬ Sunshine - WIRA

Qualcomm values were seen throughout all FIRST programs. At FIRST, we are proud to have sponsors that are aligned with our vision and mission so we can work collaboratively to inspire students to solve the world’s greatest challenges.  

@first_inspires

FIRST students put Qualcomm values into action! @snapdragon #stem #fyp #robotics #techtok

♬ Goal!!! - Official Sound Studio

Haas showed us how FIRST skills are transferrable to a career in Formula 1 Racing. . Robots start your engines! 

@first_inspires

FIRST skills are transferrable to career in F1 racing. #FIRSTChamp #stem

♬ Everybody - Radio Edit - Selena Faider

We hosted teams from 59 countries across the globe! We are all #PeopleofSTEAM. 

@first_inspires

We are all PeopleofSTEAM! Where are you following the #FIRSTChamp action from? #stem

♬ Palms And Memories - BLVKSHP

Darrion Nguyen, a science communicator who uses his background in theater and biochemistry to create relatable STEM content, had a blast at his first-ever FIRST event! 

@lab_shenanigans

Whoa! Join me as I attend the 2023 FIRST Championship presented by BAE Systems!! 🥹🎉 @first_inspires

♬ Ditto - NewJeans

Xochitl Gomez (known for playing America Chavez in Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness) attended FIRST Championship, and she was elated by the experience! 

@_xochitl.gomez

Come with me as I explore 2023 FIRST Championship in Houston with @first_inspires! FIRST is a global robotics community that has impacted 2.5M+ kids since it was founded in 1989. FIRST programs prepare young people for the future by engaging them in fun and challenging robotics competitions - and you can join! This year, I’m proud to help announce the 2024 season, FIRST IN SHOW presented by qualcomm. The new season will showcase how STEM inspires big ideas, bold action, and creativity, and will teach students about the many roles that STEM plays in the arts. If you're interested in joining robotics and/or getting more involved in STEM education, be sure to check out FIRST and learn about what opportunities are in your area. Let's inspire each other! #FIRSTChamp #STEM #FIRSTinspires omgrobots. Click the link to learn more! ✌️❤️🤖

♬ House music(256554) - TimTaj

Inga Woods Waight, a STEM creator and engineering student originally from Belize, was in attendance and in full support for FIRST® Robotics Competition Team 9244 “Team Belize”! 

@ingawoods.waight

I’m so glad I got the chance to attend the @FIRSTinspires championship to support Team Belize! On top of that I got to meet my friend @Jorvon Moss at the Digi-Key booth! ❤️ #robotics #firstinspires #belize #roboticscompetition #electronics #roboticsengineering #engineering #techtok #caribbean

♬ original sound - Inga | Electronics & Robotics

If you were at FIRST Championship, you probably saw our robot-loving American Ninja Warrior, Jay Flores, throughout the week! To add to the celebration, Jay also collaborated with Vinny’s Pizza (a restaurant located in Houston’s East Downtown neighborhood) to raise funds for FIRST. 

@jayfloresinspires

This was an absolute pleasure to witness! Congrats to team @ctrlzfrcteam4096c & the young ladies that drove them to a @first_inspires Robotics Competition World Championship victory! Congrats to their alliance partners teams 4414, 1323 and 2609! #FIRSTChamp #FIRSTInspires #OMGRobots #STEM

♬ original sound - Jay Flores

FIRST Championship wouldn’t have been possible without our 1,300+ dedicated volunteers! 

@first_inspires

April is National Volunteer Month. FIRST is truly a volunteer-driven organization, and FIRST events like #FIRSTChamp wouldnt be possible without our passionate and hardworking volunteers. Here’s a behind the scenes look at what it takes to set up FIRST Championship presented by BAE Systems! #nationalvolunteermonth #PeopleofSTEAM #STEM

♬ Sunrise - Official Sound Studio

What were some of your favorite moments from the 2023 FIRST Championship? Share your memories on social media and be sure to tag FIRST.  

Let’s take the energy and excitement from the 2022-2023 season and get ready to design and build a world of endless possibilities during the 2023-2024 FIRST® IN SHOWSM presented by Qualcomm season!  

Related Posts
Add These Eight Things to Your ‘To-Do’ List While You’re at FIRST Championship in Houston
Add These Eight Things to Your ‘To-Do’ List While You’re at FIRST Championship in Houston
Seven LGBTQ+-Owned Dining Experiences to try in Houston
Seven LGBTQ+-Owned Dining Experiences to try in Houston
Gear Up for Championship or Your Next FIRST Event & Go FIRST FORWARD!
Gear Up for Championship or Your Next FIRST Event & Go FIRST FORWARD!

Comment

Subscribe To Blog

Subscribe to Email Updates